2-year-old boy needs urgent assistance
Monday, August 13, 2012
Muhammed Manneh, a two-year-old boy of Chai Kunda in the Upper Fulladou West District, in the Central River Region (CRR), is in a critical condition and is in needs of assistance to undergo an overseas treatment.
A medical report obtained from the Royal Victoria Teaching Hospital (RVTH) indicated that the two-year-old boy ate and swallowed caustic soda last year and has developed an esophageal stricture (closure or constriction of the esophagus) and therefore he was later done a gastrotomy tube for feeding and it is where liquid passes through for survival.
Speaking to the Daily Observer reporter in Basse, Sarjo Manneh, the mother of the patient, lamented the critical condition of her son, saying that they have tried everything possible to help the little boy. According to her, they have visited several hospitals in the country but his condition is getting worst.
She therefore appealed for help from the government, individuals, NGOs, philanthropists and institutions to come to her son’s aid. Anyone willing to help can contact the following numbers: 3658204/4399802.
Author: Momodou Jawo in Basse, URR