Child needs overseas treatment
Friday, August 01, 2008
After she was admitted and discharged at the Sulayman Junkung Jammeh Hospital in Bwiam, Awa Badjie, a two-year old girl, and a native of Gilanfari Village, was said to have swallowed caustic soda before she was referred to RVTH in Banjul.
Speaking to the Daily Observer, Awa's uncle, Alasan Colley, said her niece had accidentally put the caustic soda in water, which she had drank. The effect caused her to vomit whatever she eats. She is generally weak and cannot eat anything that could mitigate the problem.
After investigations, a report by the medical board indicates that there is a "stop of contrast medium" at the level of the lower third of the esophagus with dilatation above the top, and there is barium in both bronchus, which cause severe oesophageal stenosis.
Unfortunately, the facility for oesophageal dilatation with bujis is not available in The Gambia. She only needs an overseas medical attention.
If you wish to help, please contact Alasan Colley or Mustapha Colley on the following telephone numbers: 9985809, 6547944, 9966888.
Author: by Bekai Njie