In a bid to make livestock available, accessible and affordable to the public in the period leading to the Muslim feast of Tobaski, the Government of The Gambia has announced it has waived income tax, municipal council tax and levies on livestock dealers, among other supportive measure. This information was contained in a press release issued by the Ministry of Trade, Regional Integration and Employment. The release reads;
The general public is hereby informed that following approval by our caring and wise leader, His Excellency the President of The Islamic Republic of The Gambia, Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr. Yahya AJJ Jammeh, Babili Mansa, The Government has instituted the following supportive measures to ensure that Livestock are available, accessible and affordable to the general public in the period leading to the holy Muslim feast of Eid-El Adha or Tobaski:
– GRA’s Income Tax and Municipal Council Tax and Levies on Livestock dealers are been waived;
– GPA ferry crossing fees of Livestock are reduced by 50%;
– Gambia Immigration Department will facilitate the free and smooth movement of visiting Livestock dealers;
– Gambia Police Force will ensure maximum security at all points of sale of Livestock;
– The KMC has designated areas around the Independence Stadium, GTMI and the Kanifing Offices of SSHFC as points of sale for Livestock.
The Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration & Employment once again thank His Excellency the President for extending such high-minded assistance to the people of The Gambia.